Terms of service
These Terms and Conditions of Use stipulate the conditions of access, participation and use of the Site by the User for the purposes of participating in games of chance and sports betting offered on the site www.goldenpalace.be (hereinafter, “the Site”).
By accessing the Site and participating in the games offered on the Site, you agree to abide by these General Terms and Conditions of Use without reservation.
We invite you to read them carefully before using the Site. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, please do not use the Site. You may print these terms and conditions and also download this document.
The legal notices are an integral part of these terms and conditions of use.
The Site is published by Belgium Web Casino bvba, company number BE0462.168.970, located at the following address: 200 Chaussée de Bruxelles, 1410 - Waterloo, Belgium, (hereinafter referred to as “the Operator”).
The Site is hosted by Verixi (rue André Dumont 9-1435 Mont-Saint-Guilbert).
General terms and conditions of use - March 2020 version
Article 1 - Definitions
Terms beginning with a capital letter have the meaning given below in the text of these general terms and conditions.
- Player Account: means the personal account that has been opened by a user in order to access the services offered on the www.goldenpalace.be website.
- Host: the Site is hosted by Verixi (rue André Dumont 9, 1435 Mont-Saint-Guilbert).
- Game of chance: means all paid games of chance offered to Users on the Site www.goldenpalace.be.
- The Parties: means Golden Palace Waterloo SA and the User.
- Operator: means Golden Palace Waterloo SA
- Betting: means all sports betting offered to Users on the www.goldenpalace.be website.
- Services: means all the functionalities provided by the Site, in particular games of chance and betting.
- Distinctive Signs: means, without being exhaustive, the trademarks, corporate names, signs, commercial names, domain names or URLs, logos, photographs, databases, sounds, videos, animations, images, texts, etc. used on the Site.
- Site: means the Internet site published by Golden Palace Waterloo SA, available via www.goldenpalace.be.
- User: means any person aged at least 18 years registered on the Website by opening a Player Account.
Article 2 - Purpose
The purpose of the Site is to offer Users paid gaming services put online by the Operator under the control of the Belgian Gaming Commission.
Article 3 - Registration
3.1 Creating a user account
3.1.2. Process for creating a user account
It is necessary to open a Player Account in order to use the Gaming Services offered on the Site. The Player Account is personal and nominative.
In addition, the Operator states that [the User must]:
- refrain from authorising a third party to use his/her Player Account, even free of charge.
- open only one account in his/her name on the Site.
- The games of chance and money offered by the Operator are reserved for authorised individuals who are at least 18 years of age, for sports betting, and at least 21 years of age for casino games.
- The User must have the capacity to validly accept the General Terms and Conditions and, where applicable, the special conditions applicable to certain draws/tournaments proposed by the Operator.
- Each User shall:
- open only one account in his/her name on the Site.
- refrain from authorising a third party to use his/her Player Account, even free of charge.
- Each User is required, before registering on the Site, to check that the legislation in force in his/her country of residence authorises his/her participation in the gaming and betting sites operating under a licence issued by the Belgian Gaming Commission and shall act accordingly.
To create a player account, the User fills in the online forms under the “Join us” tab.
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Post Code
- Number appearing on the User's national identity card or passport number if the User does not have a Belgian identity card.
- Mobile phone number
- The User must choose a pseudonym, provided it is not already used by another User;
- The User must choose a password;
- The User must confirm the chosen password.
(This information is hereinafter referred to as “Login Details”).
Then, the User must check the following boxes:
- “I have read and I accept the General Terms and Conditions of Use”; thus, he/she expressly declares that he/she has read the Terms and Conditions of the Site and the rules of the Games and Tournaments and undertakes to respect them in their entirety and without reservation. Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions constitutes a contract between the User and the Operator.
- “I am over 18 (sports betting) 21 (casino)”.
If these conditions are not respected, the player account will not be created.
The User may choose whether or not to check the following box: “I would like to receive information from Golden Palace by appropriate electronic means (email, SMS, etc.)”.
The User shall update the information provided when opening a Player Account as soon as possible.
A confirmation e-mail is sent to the User to verify that he/she has used a valid e-mail address when registering. The User must confirm his/her e-mail address by clicking the link in the e-mail received.
Once registration is complete, the Gaming Commission checks whether the User's first and last name correspond to the national number indicated. The User will not be able to log into his/her Player account until they match.
3.1.2. Login details
a) General rules
Login details must not contain any special characters. They should be composed of letters and numbers only. Once the Operator has validated the user name chosen by the User, the User cannot change it.
The Operator has the right to refuse the use of pseudonyms, words or expressions which may be offensive to other Users or which may be perceived as offensive by other Users.
The Operator recommends that the User choose a pseudonym different from his/her first and last name.
The username and password must be entered by the User each time he/she logs into his/her Player account, so that he/she can be identified by the Operator.
b) Change of password
By clicking on the “My Account” tab on the home page of the Site, the User can change his/her password at any time. To do so, the User must enter his/her current password and then enter the new password chosen twice.
c) Forgotten password or username
If the User forgets his/her password, he/she must click on the “Forgotten Password” button in the “Login” tab on the home page, then enter his/her username and email address.
The Operator will send him/her a new password by email, which the User may change by following the procedure described above.
If the User forgets his/her pseudonym, the User should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
d) Confidentiality of login details
Only the User's pseudonym is visible to other Users, the password remains strictly confidential. The User shall ensure the strict confidentiality of his/her Login Details.
The User is warned of the insecurity inherent in the use of the automatic storage function of his/her Login Details that his/her computer system may offer, and shall assume full responsibility for the use and consequences of this function.
The Operator reserves the right to ask the User to change his/her Login Details if it considers that they no longer offer adequate security.
The User shall inform the Operator immediately at email@example.com of any unauthorised use of his/her Login Details or if any of his/her Login Details are no longer confidential.
3.2 Validation of the player account
As long as the User has not uploaded a photocopy of his/her identity card, the Player Account is a temporary account.
On the basis of the User's identity card, the Operator will verify the User's identity.
The User shall update the information available on his/her identity card.
As soon as the verification has been carried out and is positive, the User will receive an email confirming that his/her Player Account is definitively validated.
3.3 Participation in games and betting
Participation in games and betting is individual and personal. The User shall play in his/her own name and may not resort, directly or indirectly, to any automated request for access to the Site.
Participation in the Games and Bets is exclusively by electronic means, on the Site accessible via any equipment, computer, mobile phone or any other device allowing the establishment of an Internet connection (smartphones, tablets, game consoles, etc.).
It is strictly forbidden for any User, by any process whatsoever, to modify or attempt to modify the operation of the Games and Bets offered, in particular with a view to modifying the results or any element determining the outcome of a Game and the winners of a Game.
It is strictly forbidden for Users to cancel, attempt to cancel or circumvent in any way whatsoever the security measures put in place by the Operator. The User shall use the Site as well as all the elements linked to it and/or integrated into it, such as hyperlinks, programmes, databases, editorial content, graphic symbols, etc., in accordance with these General Terms and Conditions and for the purposes of Games offered by the Operator.
The User declares that he/she understands that he/she may win or lose money during his/her participation in the Games and Bets on the Site and shall suffer only the consequences of possible financial losses and shall not take legal action against the Operator in this respect.
The User shall use the amount available in his/her Player account only for the Services offered on the Site.
The User agrees that each deposit must be wagered at least 10 times on the Games or at least 10 times with odds of 1.70 or more on sports betting.
The Operator reserves the right to refuse any withdrawal if a User has made a deposit without intending to play. In addition, the Operator reserves the right to charge a 15% management fee on consecutive withdrawals and deposits without placing a bet.
The User acknowledges that the Player Account is not a bank account and cannot be used as such. Therefore, no monies linked to the Player Account will earn interest.
3.4.1. Payment to the operator
The User expressly shall not oppose the payment of any sum due to the Operator.
The Operator reserves the right to use the services of collection companies to recover the sums due to it.
The Operator reserves the right to use the electronic processors of third-party payment companies and/or financial institutions which manage the payments made by the User or related to his use of the Services.
On the basis of the information provided by the User when creating his/her Player Account, the Operator reserves the right to check his/her creditworthiness, using financial institutions and third-party payment services.
3.4.2. Depositing and withdrawing money
Funds may not be deposited or withdrawn until the User's account has been validated by the Operator in accordance with Article 5 of these General Terms and Conditions. The User must provide a photocopy of his/her valid ID and a photocopy of his/her IBAN.
The Operator reserves the right to request any information or document deemed necessary to validate cash deposits and withdrawals.
The Operator does not take any commission on deposits or withdrawals of money, regardless of the method of payment used. However, depending on the method of payment used, fees may be charged by the User's bank or payment services company. The Operator recommends that the User inquire about possible transaction fees with his/her bank or payment services company beforehand.
Deposits made by credit card or any other means of payment are made instantly.
The User shall:
- comply with the conditions of electronic means of payment of third parties and/or financial institutions.
- refrain from using a means of payment belonging to a third party.
If the Operator suspects that a User is not of legal age to participate in the games, the Operator shall immediately return all sums played. In addition, all winnings won by the User shall be forfeited until the User provides formal proof that he/she has reached the minimum age required to participate in the games.
The minimum deposit is EUR 10.00 and the maximum deposit is subject to the legal requirements.
The minimum withdrawal is EUR 50.00 and there is no limit, provided that the amount transferred cannot exceed the available balance in the player account.
A withdrawal request will be processed within 10 working days. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The User acknowledges that all financial transactions are subject to the usual banking delays.
Article 4 - Term and cancellation
These general terms and conditions are valid for an indefinite period of time until the user's player account is terminated in accordance with these general terms and conditions.
4.2.1. Closure of the player account by the operator
The Operator reserves the right to terminate a User's Player Account without notice or compensation.
In addition, the Operator reserves the right to, among other things, close the Player Account in the following cases:
- The User's Player Account has been inactive for an uninterrupted period of two (2) years;
- The Operator considers that the User has breached one or more provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
- In case of mere suspicion or observation by the Operator of fraud or illegal activity by the User or attempted illegal use of the Site, software or Services, including the use of another User's Player Account (even with their consent) or the use of stolen debit or credit cards;
- In case of hacking or attempted illegal use of the Site;
- The User has attempted to use the prohibited assistance of artificial intelligence software when participating in online games;
- The User has not provided all of the supporting documents necessary for the validation of his/her Player Account;
- The information, elements or documents submitted to the Operator are incomplete or inaccurate;
- The registration conditions are not / are no longer fulfilled;
- The User is subject to a gambling ban;
- In case of misuse of the account opening procedure;
- In case of non-compliance with the rules of the game and/or the Tournament which are permanently accessible on the Site;
- Any acts or attempts at collusion between Users.
4.2.2. Closure of the player account by the user
The User has the possibility at any time to close his/her Player Account on the Site. The User will receive an e-mail confirmation that his/her Player Account has been closed.
This closure is independent of any request for self-exclusion that may be submitted to the Gaming Commission. It is recommended that the User completes the self-exclusion form available on the website of the Gaming Commission. Like the Gaming Commission, the Operator supports and promotes Responsible Gaming. Therefore, we believe that self-exclusion should be requested from the central Gaming Commission and not only from a single Operator. Exclusion forms can be found on the Gaming Commission's website www.gamingcommission.be at the top left hand side of the menu displayed by clicking the “Protection of the Player ” tab, then “Denied Access” and clicking “Voluntary Demand”.
4.2.3. Consequences of cancelling the player account
If a Player Account is closed in accordance with Article 4.2.1 of the General Terms and Conditions, the Operator shall have a right of retention of the sums appearing on the Player Account in order to recover any administrative costs or damages for which the User is liable.
Following cancellation, for any reason whatsoever, the User shall:
- cease using the Services;
- destroy all documents in his/her possession, custody, authority or control.
The Parties shall have no further obligations towards each other, unless otherwise provided for in these General Terms and Conditions, and subject to their rights and obligations expressly accepted prior to cancellation.
If the User's player account contains less than €50.00, he/she must request payment from Customer Service at the same time as he/she requests closure of his/her account. If the User's player account contains more than € 50.00, the User may request payment himself/herself. In the event that the User has submitted a request for self-exclusion to the Gaming Commission, the User must contact customer service, which will process the request for payment.
Article 5 - Origin of funds
The User declares and guarantees to the Operator that the funds used to play on the Site do not come from illegal sources.
The User shall not use the Services for the purpose of transferring funds or carrying out any fraudulent or unlawful activity or any prohibited transaction (including money laundering) in accordance with the laws of the jurisdictions to which he/she is subject.
Article 6- Liability
6.1 Availability of the site and services
The Operator shall make every effort to ensure the availability of the Site and its services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, access to the Site and its Services may be interrupted during maintenance work, equipment or programme updates, urgent repairs to the Site or as a result of circumstances beyond the Operator's control (for example, failure of telecommunications links and equipment). In this case, the Operator cannot be held liable.
Similarly, the Operator reserves the right to interrupt or suspend one or more of the Games or Services offered on the Site, at any time and without notice, without having to provide justification. In this case, the Operator shall not be held liable and Users may not claim any compensation of any kind whatsoever.
The Operator shall not be held liable if, for reasons beyond its control, one or more Games or Services should be modified, delayed or cancelled.
The Operator does not guarantee that problems, if any, on the Site will be corrected.
6.2 Under no circumstances can the Operator be held liable for (non-exhaustive list):
- indirect or unforeseeable losses, including but not limited to lost profits, loss of opportunity, cost of obtaining a replacement service or technology;
- transmission and/or receipt of any data and/or information over the Internet;
- any malfunction of the Internet network disrupting the operation and/or functioning of one or more Games offered on the Site;
- malfunction of the receiving equipment or communication lines;
- routing problems;
- the consequences of computer viruses or bugs, malfunctions or technical breakdowns;
- any technical, hardware or software failure of any nature whatsoever that has prevented or limited participation in one of the Games offered on the Site or that has damaged the User's computer equipment;
- difficulty or impossibility for the User to connect to the Internet;
- failures of banks or other third parties with whom the Operator works for the operation of the Site;
- additional bank charges which the User is obliged to pay depending on the method of payment chosen in the event of a deposit;
- payment made to the bank account of a User who has been hacked;
- fraudulent use of stolen bank cards, whether or not the theft has been reported by the cardholder;
- the consequences of non-personalisation of the User's password;
- the harmful consequences for the User resulting from illegal, fraudulent or abusive use of his/her Connection Details and access to the Site by a third party not expressly authorised by the User.
6.3 Force Majeure
The Operator may not be held liable in the event of force majeure or for any other event beyond its control preventing it from providing its Services in accordance with the provisions of these General Terms and Conditions.
It is the responsibility of each User to take all necessary measures to protect their data and/or the programs stored on their computer equipment from any attack (viruses, spam, Trojan horses, bugs etc.).
6.4 Hyperlinks to third-party sites
The Operator may provide simple links to other third-party sites or participate in marketing programmes or other activities offered on a third-party site. As the Operator is not in a position to control the content of these third-party sites, access to these sites is at the User's sole responsibility and risk.
The Operator declines all responsibility for the content, legitimacy or availability of third-party sites.
The User acknowledges that the Operator assumes no liability for any loss or damage that access to or browsing of these third-party sites may cause and recommends that the User inform himself/herself about the conditions offered by the third-party sites.
Third-party sites visited by Users or advertising messages published on the sites may contain cookies. These are managed independently of the Operator by third parties, who are fully liable for their use; the Operator does not have access to the data provided by these cookies.
The Operator shall remove references to third-party sites if the illegal nature of such sites has been brought to its attention by any means whatsoever and, in particular, following a complaint sent by email to the following address email@example.com.
6.5 User responsibility
The User is responsible, among other things:
- for storing, using and communicating his/her login details;
- for the impossibility for him/her to access his account in case he/she forgets his/her login details;
- for the content of the messages that he/she publishes in the chatrooms.
In the event that the Operator's liability is sought as a result of a breach by the User of the obligations incumbent upon him or her pursuant to these General Terms and Conditions and the legal and regulatory provisions in force, the Operator may seek a guarantee from the User.
Article 7- Intellectual property
All software used on the Site, including that to which it provides access, as well as the texts, comments, illustrations or images reproduced on the Site and on those to which it provides access, are protected by copyright. Their unauthorised reproduction constitutes an infringement that may lead to legal proceedings before the civil and/or criminal courts (hereinafter "the Distinctive Signs").
The Operator does not grant the User any right to the Distinctive Signs, other than the right to display them on the screen when browsing on the Site, which remain its exclusive property or that of the third party who has granted it the right to use them.
The User shall not infringe, in any way whatsoever, the Operator's intellectual property rights or, in particular, reproduce, communicate, use, even partially, the Distinctive Signs or use all or part of the software content, games or the Site without the prior written consent of the Operator.
Article 8.1. – The controller of personal data
Golden Palace Waterloo nv and the entities of the Golden Palace Group (hereinafter “Golden Palace” or the “Data Controller”) process your personal data in your capacity as a user of the www.goldenpalace.be website (hereinafter the “Site”").
When opening a player account on the Site, you provide us with personal data (hereinafter the “Data”).
Golden Palace processes each User's Data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data of 27 April 2016 (hereafter “GDPR”) and applicable law.
Article 8.2. – Data Protection Officer
In accordance with Article 37 of the GDPR, a data protection officer has been appointed in the person of Mr Serge Sacré.
For any question concerning the processing of Data, the Data Protection Officer answers by telephone on 02/201.11.77 or by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Article 8.3. – The data processed
The data processed by Golden Palace include:
- your last name, first name
- your place and date of birth
- your Belgian national register number
- your postal address
- your telephone number
- your email address
- your IP address
- your bank details for deposits and withdrawals on the Site
- a photocopy of your identity card for withdrawals on the Site
- your gaming and transaction history
Article 8.4. – Types of processing
The processing carried out by Golden Palace consists of:
- and any other operations made necessary or useful by virtue of the legal and regulatory provisions described above.
The processing may also consist of the transfer of personal data:
- to judicial and administrative authorities, such as, in particular, the Gaming Commission or the Financial Information Processing Unit.
- to Golden Palace's suppliers, whose services are inseparable from the use of the Site.
Article 8.5. – Purposes of the processing
Golden Palace will determine the purposes and means of data processing.
1) The processing of data by Golden Palace is necessary to comply with the following legal obligations:
- Golden Palace is required to identify its Users and to keep its Data in accordance with the law of 7 May 1999 relating to games of chance, betting, establishment games of chance and player protection.
- Golden Palace must also transmit this Data to the Belgian Gaming Commission (www.gamingcommission.be).
- Golden Palace must deploy all means to prevent and detect money laundering and to participate in the fight against terrorism. Therefore, Golden Palace must keep personal identification data and financial transaction data of all its players.
- Golden Palace is obliged to report any suspicious transaction to the Financial Information Processing Unit (www.cfi.be).
2) The processing of data by Golden Palace is necessary for the performance of the contract to which the User is a party by opening a Player Account and accepting Golden Palace's general terms and conditions.
3) Golden Palace processes the Data in order to respond to Users' requests, to check whether the Bonus Policy is applicable, etc.
4) Processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of Golden Palace.
5) Golden Palace also processes User Data on the basis of a legitimate interest, proportional to the User's rights, in order to offer its services, to ensure the proper functioning of the services and to improve the services offered to meet the needs of Users.
6) Data processing by Golden Palace fulfils the purposes of promoting, advertising, marketing, participating in contests and promotional offers, including the communication of winners and developing new games and betting offers:
- In order to optimise your gaming experience, the Operator provides you with interesting information about products and services through newsletters, both generalised and personalised.
To do so, the Operator uses your personal identification data, transactional data and cookies.
- Different communication channels will be used to send you our offers and newsletters, namely, email, SMS and push notification.
- You can easily opt-out (or re-open when you wish to start receiving our information again) of any form of direct marketing in your personal preference centre when you log in to your user account.
7) The User has consented to the processing of his/her Data.
8) The User has the right to revoke his/her consent at any time by changing the option on his/her personal account or by sending a request to the email address email@example.com.
Article 8.6. – Data transfer
Users’ data can be communicated:
- to Golden Palace service providers for the purposes of operating the Service;
- to potential commercial partners after obtaining the User's consent;
- to the Gaming Commission;
- to administrative or judicial authorities.
Golden Palace agrees that User Data, including that transmitted to potential commercial partners, will not be transferred outside the European Union, unless the User has given prior permission to do so.
The User declares that Golden Palace has fully informed him/her of the rules relating to the use of the Site and its Services.
Golden Palace recommends that the User refrain from communicating his/her Personal Data by email or fax, unless expressly requested by the Operator. It is the User's responsibility to carefully check beforehand that the Operator is the source of such requests.
Article 8.7. – Duration of data retention
The personal data of Users is kept by Golden Palace for a period of 10 years for all the purposes mentioned in Article 5.
In particular, Golden Palace reserves the right to retain Users' personal data for any purpose required by law, as a result of its online gaming and betting activities.
Users declare that they are thus informed and consent that, with reference to the Royal Decree of 15 December 2004 relating to the register of access to the gaming rooms of class I and II gambling establishments, Golden Palace is required to keep the photocopy of the identity card or document used to identify the User for at least ten years from the last activity of the player on the Site.
Article 8.8. – User rights
The User has certain rights under the GDPR. These rights are as follows:
1) Right of access
The User has the right to obtain confirmation from Golden Palace that the Data is or is not being processed and to have access to such Data and to the information mentioned in Article 15 of the GDPR, namely:
- the identity and contact details of the data controller
- the contact details of the Data Protection Officer
- the personal data processed
- the purposes of the processing operation for which the personal data are intended and the lawful basis of the processing operation
- the recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data, if applicable
- the fact that the controller intends to carry out a transfer of personal data to a country outside the European Union
- the possibility to object to automated processing of their data, such as profiling, unless there are good reasons that make such processing by Golden Palace necessary
- the possibility to object to any processing of their personal data for canvassing purposes
2) Right to rectification
In accordance with Article 16 of the GDPR, the User has the right to have inaccurate data rectified as soon as possible and to have incomplete data completed.
3) Right to erasure of data (“right to be forgotten”)
The User has the right to ask Golden Palace to delete his/her Data as soon as possible and Golden Palace has the obligation to delete his/her Data in accordance with Article 17 of the GDPR when one of the following situations occurs:
- the personal data processed are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed
- The User withdraws the consent on which the processing is based and there is no other lawful basis for the processing
- The User objects to the automated processing of his/her Data (profiling) and there is no compelling legitimate reason for the processing or the User objects to the processing for canvassing purposes
- The data has been processed unlawfully
- The Data has to be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation under EU law or the law of the Member State to which Golden Palace is subject
However, this right may not apply when the processing is necessary, in particular:
- In order to comply with a legal obligation which necessitates processing under Union law or the law of the Member State to which Golden Palace is subject
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
4) Right to restrict processing
The User has the right to obtain restricted processing of his/her Data by Golden Palace when:
- The data is inaccurate
- The processing is unlawful and he/she objects to the deletion of the data and, instead, demands the restriction of the use of such data
- Golden Palace no longer needs the Data for processing purposes, but it is still necessary to enable him/her to ascertain, exercise or defend legal claims
- He/she has objected to the processing when verifying that the legitimate reasons pursued by Golden Palace take precedence over theirs
5) Right to request the transfer of his/her data to another data controller
The User has the right to request that his/her Data transmitted to Golden Palace be transferred to another data controller without Golden Palace being able to prevent this, in accordance with Article 20 of the GDPR.
6) Right to object to the processing of his/her data
The User has the right at any time to object to the processing of his/her Data, which is necessary for the performance of a mission of public interest or necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Golden Palace.
The User may at any time oppose the processing of his/her Data for canvassing purposes, particularly for profiling.
Golden Palace informs each recipient to whom the Data has been communicated of any correction, deletion or limitation of the processing of the Data, unless such communication proves impossible or requires a disproportionate effort.
Article 8.9. - Terms and conditions for exercising Users' rights
The aforementioned rights can be exercised by means of a written request addressed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org and accompanied by a copy of the User’s identity document.
Golden Palace will do its utmost to respond to requests concerning the User's rights within one month of receipt of the request, provided that the User can be identified.
Article 8.10. – Consent
By using the Golden Palace Site, in any capacity whatsoever, the User manifests his/her free, specific, informed and unequivocal desire to expressly authorise Golden Palace to process personal data in accordance with the GDPR, within the limits and for the purposes defined above.
Furthermore, the User is informed that the personal data communicated by the User is recorded in a controlled register, which remains at all times under the responsibility of Golden Palace.
In addition, the User benefits from the rights, including the right to withdraw his/her consent at any time.
Article 8.11. – Probative value
The User acknowledges that the electronic documents exchanged and the electronic data collected in the context of his/her registration or use of the Site have the same evidential value as if these documents and data had been communicated or collected on paper.
In particular, the User shall not dispute the weight or probative value of these documents due to their electronic nature.
Article 8.12. - Complaint to the Data Protection Authority
In accordance with the GDPR, the User has the right to request additional information or lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority.
The Supervisory Authority is the Commission for the Protection of Privacy, whose contact details are as follows:
Address: Rue de la Presse, 35, 1000 Bruxelles
Phone: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
Fax: +32 (0)2 274 48 35 Email: email@example.com
Article 8.13. - Complaint to the Data Protection Authority
In accordance with the GDPR, Golden Palace shall take all necessary measures, in view of the nature of the data and the risks linked to their processing, to preserve the security of the User's Data and, in particular, to prevent such Data from being modified or accessible to unauthorised third parties.
The technical measures involve, among other things, anonymisation, and the organisational measures involve internal audits.
When Golden Palace uses data processors to carry out processing, they must provide sufficient guarantees as to the implementation of technical and organisational measures.
Article 9 - Modification and completeness of the general conditions
In order to adapt to changes in the Site and/or its operation, the Operator reserves the right to unilaterally modify these General Terms and Conditions and the rules relating to the games offered on the Site without prior notice.
In this case, the User may immediately declare his/her refusal to be bound by these new provisions, after publication of the notice of modification, which may be freely consulted on the Site.
The Company will do its utmost to inform Users of any major changes to these Terms and Conditions. However, it is the User's responsibility to read these General Terms and Conditions and to remain informed of any changes to the General Terms and Conditions.
9.2 Modifications of the general terms and conditions
The Operator reserves the right to modify these General Terms and Conditions at any time, as well as all the Services offered on the site.
The Operator shall inform the User in advance of such modifications by any procedure of its choice.
Any connection to the Site by the User, after having been informed of the changes made to the Site's services or to the General Conditions, constitutes acceptance of the changes made.
The version of the General Conditions accepted by the User represents all the obligations between the Operator and the User relating to the Services offered by the Operator. It supersedes and replaces all declarations, undertakings, oral or written communication, acceptance, contracts and prior agreements relating to the provision of the Services by the Operator.
By using the function provided by his/her browser, the User may access and print the General Terms and Conditions at any time.
Article 10 - Hardware and software configurations allowing access to the Site
In order to be able to connect to the Site, the User must check that he has the necessary hardware and programmes as well as an Internet connection compatible with the conditions of supply of the Services. The operator recommends the following configuration:
Hardware and operating system:
- PC: Windows XP and later versions
- MacIntosh: Mac OS X and later versions
Browser: Firefox or Chrome
Your browser must be configured to allow cookies. To find out more about activating/deactivating cookies, visit the page http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?&answer=61416
Adobe Flash must be installed in your browser. To install Adobe Flash Player, please visit http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Type of connection: ADSL 512 minimum.
If the User does not have this minimum configuration, he/she may not be able to access the Online Services offered by the Operator.
Article 11 - Proof
The digital records, kept under reasonable and reliable security conditions on the Operator's computer systems, are considered as proof of the communications and results of the Games or Bets carried out between the Operator and the User.
Consequently, it is agreed that, except in the event of manifest error, the Operator may rely on and have declared admissible in the event of legal proceedings, the production of any act, fact or omission, programmes, data, files, recordings and other elements (for example monitoring reports or other declarations) in established computer or electronic format or medium, received and stored directly or indirectly by the Operator, in particular in computer systems.
Article 12 - Ethical and responsible gambling
The Operator invites the user to play moderately.
The Operator reminds the User that increasing the duration and frequency of gambling may cause some people to become addicted or cause some form of psychological fragility. Addiction consists of the inappropriate, permanent and repeated practice of gambling. Pleasure is transformed into an irrepressible need to gamble which can have disastrous consequences for the User and those close to him/her.
The User may consult the “Responsible Gambling” section accessible at any time on all the pages of the Operator's Website. This section, consisting of four chapters, lists all the moderators available on the Sites and gives advice as part of the service set up to combat pathological and excessive gambling and prevent addiction. It also indicates the procedure to be followed if the User wishes to register on the list of persons banned from gambling and provides a list of associations specialising in the fight against gambling addiction.
Article 13- Various provisions
13.1 Invalidity of a clause
If one or more provisions of these General Terms and Conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the Operator shall amend such provisions only to the extent necessary to make them enforceable.
If one or more provisions of these General Terms and Conditions are declared null and void, the other articles shall retain their full force and effect.
13.2 Transferability of the contract
The rights and obligations of the User may not be transferred to a third party without the prior written consent of the Operator. The Operator is authorised to sell the Site or all or part of the gambling or betting services without the User's prior consent.
13.3 No waiver
The fact that the Operator does not invoke any provision of these General Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of the subsequent use of the same provision.
Procedure: for any complaint, the User can either go directly to the website www.goldenpalace.be under the “Support” tab, or send a separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The User who wants to make a request for information or lodge a complaint in connection with an online gaming site can contact the Gaming Commission, mentioning at least his/her surname, first name and date of birth, by email to email@example.com or by post to Gaming Commission, Information Office Cantersteen 47, 1000 Brussels.
Each User may also request the transfer of any claim to the Gaming Commission. The Gaming Commission may also request to receive the complaint. The settlement of complaints pursuant to this Article 13.4 is always at the disposal of the User.
13.5 Applicable law and jurisdiction
Unless mandatory provisions of the legislation of the country in which the User has his/her habitual residence, the execution and interpretation of these general terms and conditions and the relations between the parties are subject to Belgian law.
In the event of a dispute between the Operator and the User and in the event that it is impossible to resolve this dispute amicably within 14 days following notification by one of the Parties, the Belgian courts shall have sole jurisdiction to rule on any dispute concerning the application or interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
Article 14 - Free competitions offered by the Operator
The Operator reserves the right to organise one or more competitions reserved for Users and shall comply with the mandatory provisions applicable in the country of residence of the participant in such competitions, intended to offer prizes to the Users taking part in them.
Each competition will be subject to specific rules (below: “The Rules”), filed with a bailiff (independent auditor) and accessible free of charge on the Site.
The conditions of participation in the competition, including the opening and closing date, the nature and value of the prizes to be won, and the rules for awarding the prizes to the User, will be specified in detail in the Rules and will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the Operator.
Article 15 - Tournaments and satellite tournaments
To participate in a tournament and/or satellite tournament at a casino, the User must be at least 21 years of age and must be allowed to participate in tournament games. For this purpose, he/she must provide a valid document certifying that he/she is at least 21 years of age (official identity card).
It is the responsibility of the User to ensure that he/she has reached the legal age required to participate in each Tournament and/or Satellite Tournament.
By participating in a Satellite Tournament and/or Tournament, the User grants the Operator the right to use his/her pseudonym for promotional activities, without additional remuneration.
Prior to the Satellite Tournament and/or Tournament, the Operator will send the User one or more items (T-shirt, caps, etc.) bearing the goldenpalace.be logo, free of charge, which the User must wear during the Satellite Tournament and/or Tournament.
The User may be required, if necessary, to sign an agreement before participating in an event. This agreement may include the approval to be filmed during the participation in the event and the authorisation to broadcast the film. If the User does not sign this agreement, he/she will not be authorised to participate in the event and his/her participation will be cancelled, without him/her being able to claim reimbursement of the participation fees.
During a satellite tournament and/or tournament, the behaviour of the players is governed by strict rules. Failure to comply with these rules may result in severe sanctions, such as disqualification for rude language, insults made against the dealers, players or any other person during the event, or for any other behaviour that the event organiser, at its sole discretion, considers detrimental to the smooth running of the event.
If the User is sanctioned or disqualified as a result of non-compliance with any of these rules, the Operator accepts no responsibility for the User's participation, and the User's participation in the Event may be cancelled.
Article 16 - Additional conditions for sports betting
The general terms and conditions of our bookmaker are applicable to all sports betting activities offered on the Site. The conditions specific to sports betting mentioned in this document can be consulted by clicking here.
The Golden Palace bookmaker reserves the right to limit the amount that Users may bet at its sole discretion and without prior notice.